Bella flowers Ltd is a private company registered in Rwanda under Code Company 103449745 on 20th October2014 and the government of Rwanda/MINAGR/NAEB owns 100% of its shares. It owns a land of 75 Ha in Gishari Rwamagana District, and Eastern Province on which Flowers is being undertaken.
The company is seeking to recruit highly skilled, self-motivated, and experienced persons to fill the following position:
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (1)
Under the supervision of Production Manager, The Production Supervisor will ensure the implementation of work plans for crop cultural practices within the stipulated timeframes.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake regular Monitoring of the crop to evaluate crop cultural practices and crop health status with regard to pests, Diseases, and Crop Nutrition,
- Confirm daily the attendance of workers and ensure reporting times and stipulated working hours are adhered to,
- In liaison with the production manager prepare work plans for crop cultural practices and ensure implementation of the same within stipulated timeframes,
- Ensure Harvesting is done according to the standard operating procedure in place,
- Prepare production forecast per variety and submit to the production manager,
- Participate and contribute in the preparation of crop protection plans including monitoring and pesticide application programs,
- Undertake all necessary documentation and records as shall be required,
- Undertake any other duties assigned by the management.
- Responsible for the health and safety of employees working under your supervision.
- Degree in Floriculture, Horticulture, Agronomy, and/or Agriculture Sciences.
- Have at least Three (3) years of working experience in flowers production including new crop establishment, general crop husbandry, and crop protection.
- Working experience in commercial flower farming is an added advantage.
- Post-graduation in Agriculture, Horticulture, Floriculture is added advantage.
- The ideal candidate must in addition have post-harvest experience including harvesting, cooling, grading, packaging, and shipping of flower products.
- Experience in greenhouse production, and Integrated Pest Management.
Other Skills and Competencies:
- Strong people management skills including effective inter-personnel, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in record keeping and data analysis, and computer skills.
Qualified candidates should submit their application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with proven work experience, copy of academic documents, transcript, and copy of National Identification to Bella flowers Ltd at email@example.com
The deadline for submitting an application is on 30th October 2020 at 5:00pm local Time
Application should be addressed to The Chief Executive Officer of Bella Flowers Ltd
Ag. Chief Executive Officer