RTI is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
Consultancy position: Claims Management Business Analyst
USAID, Rwanda Integrated Health Systems Activity
Location: Rwanda, Kigali
Duration: September 2020 – September 2021
Level of effort: 80 days
RTI International is part of a consortium working with Government of Rwanda (GOR) and other partners to implement the Rwanda Integrated Health Systems Activity (RIHSA) with funding from USAID. GOR is currently seeking to secure financial protection and ensure equity in access to health services. RIHSA will support GOR and other stakeholders to achieve two objectives: 1) Increase financial protection by addressing barriers to domestic resource mobilization and health care financing and 2) Increase quality of essential health services at national and community levels.
RTI International seeks to fill a consulting position – Claims management business analyst. The position is based in Kigali. The consultant’s work will interface with the project team in Kigali; Government counterparts such as Rwanda Social Security Board (RSSB), Ministry of Health, (MoH), and remotely with the RTI project team based in Kenya and the United States.
- Read relevant documentation, reports, strategy documents and plans to gain an in-depth understanding of the strategic and operational direction the GOR is taking in strengthening the Community-based Health Insurance Scheme (CBHIS) as a broad intervention towards financial protection.
- Undertake a consultative process with RSSB, MoH, and other relevant government and private sector agencies to establish the technology and non-technology needs to strengthen CBHIS.
- Work with point person(s) at RSSB and MoH to document high level functional and non-functional software requirements for enhancing CBHIS claims systems.
- Support RSSB to have in place an effective contract with a local IT firm to undertake software enhancements of the CBHIS claims systems module.
- Organize two workshops for RSSB and district officers to train on the use of the enhances CBHIS claims module. (In consultation with the local project team)
- Support RSSB and district officers to monitor and document changes in trends for the use of CBHIS claims module post training.
- Minimum five (5) years in the health care industry experience. Strong foundational understanding and experience navigating IT processes, org charts, and accountability mechanisms.
- Minimum five (5) years of health insurance, health plan administration, health care, benefit administration, or benefit policy experience a plus.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience of assessing key customer requirements within a given market segment.
- Experience in a product development capacity.
- Master's degree preferred. Public Health or Health Administration or Health Economics or Business IT, Business Administration, Health Policy and Financing
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices, and systems in Rwanda.
- Complete understanding and broad application of principles, theories, concepts, practices, and standards in applicable discipline, plus a working knowledge of the health sector in Rwanda.
- Good knowledge of social health insurance practices.
- Thorough knowledge of benefits, benefits administration, and health care delivery from either or both a provider and payor perspective along with insurance industry policies, practices, and systems.
- A detailed knowledge of web software development process (a requisite in order to be able to parse down the work properly, frame/phase the work so that it can be implemented and rolled out effectively, to meet expectations, deadlines, and budgets).
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
To Apply; please email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 6, 2020 Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of their email. Please do not attach copies of certificates. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V