AB BANK Rwanda Plc. is looking for qualified and competent staff to fill the position of Senior Learning and Development Officer
The senior L&D officer will be responsible to achieve strategic objectives through the implementation of learning and development initiatives. To create and promote a culture of learning through the development and management of a structured approach for the transfer of knowledge and skills. To capacitate the Banks workforce by developing, directing, and overseeing the implementation of key initiatives, which further the Banks objectives.
Key responsibilities & duties
1. Determines employee’s Learning & Development needs by
- Conducting an Annual Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and develop a Training Needs Plan & budget across all levels of employees
- Ensures needs are aligned to business goals and objectives as well as individual skill/development gaps
- Utilizes and applies Gap Analysis (GP) process/ assessment tools to identify individual training gaps
- Applies assessment results to develop Individual Development Plans (IDP) or targeted training for career progression.
- Assist in Managing human resources operations, including:
- Recruitment, talent acquisition, and employee on-boarding
- Discipline Management
- Exit and Termination procedures
- Systematic succession management
- Employee health & safety
- Employee relations and retention
- Labour regulations compliance, and labor relations
- Employee files and work permit management
- Ensures a standard learning and development training policy and procedures are in place to manage learner intake, evaluation, and reporting
- Develops and or reviews training material to ensure the material is up to date with requirements. i.e. operational training material
- Creates trust and positive relations with employees (towards L&D and the Bank), creates an excellent working atmosphere and healthy corporate culture
- Maintains professional relationships with consultants, vendors, and different stakeholders
- Obtains, develops, and maintains staff capable of accomplishing the L&D Function’s goals, support the achievement of the Bank’s strategic objectives, and continuously develops its own knowledge
- Participates in an interview, selection, and hiring process of new employees for positions under direct subordination or beyond if deemed necessary
- Acts as a role model and mentor; actively promote an ethical standard of work and the Banks’ code of conduct
5 years of work experience of which 2 years were in operations and 1 year as a team leader; experiences in one or more of the following: Learning, training, management, and/or classroom environment
Bachelor degree in education, human resources, or related field or related experience
Interested candidates should send ONLY:
- Letter of Interest
- Copy of academic qualifications
To email@example.com not later than 27th November 2020.
[NOTE: Please state the POSITION in the subject of the email.]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.