JOB ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE POSITION OF PROJECT DOCUMENT CONTROLLER
HR Management Services Ltd - Job in Rwanda is recruiting on behalf of GPROM Ltd a Project Document Controller.
1 Broad Description
GPROM Ltd is seeking an experienced Project Document Controller to support our operational Project Construction teams in solving complex planning, technical and construction challenges through Project management disciplines and solutions and allow us to grow our unique culture as we grow the business.
You’ll be an integral part of the team, so you’ll need to understand every aspect of the project and act as a key member of the Project Team organizing systems, monitoring procedures, and collating progress reports.
You’ll be based in the Rubavu district.
2 Role purpose
To manage all technical documentation flow of the engineering, project management, and construction staff in order to ensure documents control within Company standards and common engineering practices.
3 Report to the Site Manager
4 Key Responsibilities
- Receives and issues documents under transmittal, externally and internally according to document distribution matrix;
- Ensures that all design and engineering documents are well checked and submitted on time prior to the document’s submission due date;
- Ensures that all documents have no errors in filenames, revisions, submissions, etc before submitting it to the recipient department/party to avoid confusion;
- Ensure that all technical query notes (TQN), Request for information, inspection and approval (RFI), and Site Instructions (SI) are issued, checked, and submitted to the appropriate and right technical staff and properly registered and filed;
- Prepare and regularly record and updated all register tables related to the transmittal documents (DTL), Technical query notes (TQN), Request of information (RFI), Site Instructions (SI), and Master Document Register (MDR)
- Maintain the document control system such that it is always up to date (daily) so that the Project manager and the Site Manager has access to timely and accurate information, drawings, and documents;
- Establish and maintain Project document control process in line with Construction standards and the Project Delivery System (PDS) in order to ensure reliable and efficient administration, control, and distribution of information are in place;
- Support the Project Manager, the Site Manager, and the team inefficient administrative support.
5.1. Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of administration, organization, and Information Technology
- Construction Project experience very beneficial;
- Ability to analyze and interpret data in order to support informed decisions;
- Able to build professional working relationships with Project team members, sub-contractors, and clients.
- Very good knowledge in Computer skills especially MS Excel, Word, Outlook, AutoCAD (Satisfactory knowledge);
- Good Knowledge of English and French (The official language of the project is English);
5.2. Behavior & Attitude
- The candidate would need to bring a can-do, efficient, and effective attitude and a focus on efficiency;
- Positive, confident, and always calm under pressure;
- Keen to continue learning and developing their skillset, having a growth mindset.
5.3. Education & Qualifications required
University degree in Engineering, Economics or Administration.
5.4. Previous Work Experience required
- Ideally a minimum of four years of office or site administration experience in a fast-paced project or organization;
- Experience working in a large construction site environment.
6. How to Apply
Click on the "Apply for this job" button below before the 2nd of December 2020. Submit your CV and a 1-page cover letter explaining why you are the best fit for this position.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.