MAGERWA Ltd would like to recruit qualified and experienced Software Developer
1. About MAGERWA ltd.
Magerwa Ltd is a logistics company in Rwanda, offering storage facilities and equipment rental services. Magerwa also operates as a public bonded warehouse experienced in managing assorted varieties of cargo, Land freight, Air Freight, Transit goods, among others. Besides providing services of its core business, Magerwa as a corporate citizen has always given back to communities in areas where we operate from. We embrace the responsibility of giving back to communities that have equally played a key role in our company growth. Magerwa Ltd is a subsidiary of Portek International.
2. Targeted candidates
We are looking for a software developer to join our software development team as it grows. We want someone who is comfortable of asking “why?”. The ideal candidate is a divergent thinker who understands technology best practices and has experience with multiple coding languages. He or she must be a team player, possessing strong analytical as well as technical skills, capable to communicate the logic behind technical decisions to non-tech stakeholders. He or she must be comfortable working in an agile environment and can “take the wheel” when necessary.
- Analyze the software requirements: i.e., reviewing the existing processes and existing outcome, Identify the gaps and desired outcome; Document the gaps and means tofill up the gaps.
- Develop projects plans and Manage deliverables according to the plans
- Work closely with user departments for the UI/UX design, and Contribute to the overall architecture of the solution
- Create innovative, scalable, fault-tolerant software solutions to address the operations needs
- Expand existing software to meet the needs of the changing business landscape
- Ensure that developed software adherer to the technical and quality standards
- Support the users and contribute to smooth-running of the information systems
4. Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business information technology or Software development.
- 3+ years’ software development or programming experience
- High technical proficiency in at least:
- One major web or mobile front-end technology (Angular, React, Vue.js)
- One major back-end language (.Net C#, PHP, Java)
- One major Relation Database Management system (Oracle, SQL Server)
- A thorough understanding of computer architecture, operating systems, and data structures
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration, and scaling an application to support load changes
- A strong understanding of web UI design, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions, and standards
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines.
5. How to apply:
Willing applicants can send their CVs and application letters addressed to CEO of Magerwa ltd, at the e-mail: email@example.com not later than 26 /04/2021.
Kigali, 31st March 2021
KONG KOK CHEE
Chief Executive Officer