(Job Ref: SOS CV RWANDA ………………)
Position Title: Driver
Vacant positions: 5 persons
Type of contract: One-year renewable based on appraisal performance
Working location: Kigali, Kayonza
Supervisor: Procurement, Logistics & Admin. Manager, Location Accountant
Deadline: 27 April 2021
Context of the position:
SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda is an independent, non-governmental social development & child-focused organization. The Organization supports vulnerable children and young people in four locations of Kigali, Gicumbi, Kayonza, and Nyamagabe. SOS Rwanda applies a one program approach in its education, family strengthening, health, and community development programs, that support a holistic approach in the interest of the child. SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda therefore seeks to recruit 5 Drivers for the following facilities:
- National Office/Kigali,
- Care Training Centre Kigali,
- SOS Technical School Kigali,
- BMZ Quality Care Project Kigali.
- SOS Children’s Village Kayonza
The Drivers will be responsible for the transportation of Organization/Project staff & SOS Children only when they are involved in Organization/Project activities. The position holder will therefore be responsible for the following tasks:
- Control and ensure the good state of the vehicle;
- Report any accidents or injuries to supervisors immediately.
- Perform minor reparation of the vehicle;
- Prepare the vehicle maintenance forms;
- Prepare the requisition of any repairment or maintenance;
- Perform vehicle inspections such as checking fluid level and tire pressure.
- Notify supervisors about any major repairs and maintenances.
- Use the Organization/Project car in Organization/Project activities only,
- Drive vehicles to designated destinations as per the request of Organization/Project staff;
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Drive safely and ensure reaching the destination on time;
- Analyze destination, determine appropriate routes, and maintain schedule;
- Respect driving laws and road regulations;
- Maintain the vehicle clean and safe;
- Adhere to organizational operating policies and procedures;
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms, and complete daily paperwork
Technical Qualifications and personal skills:
- At least Secondary Leaving Certificate (A2);
- A hold a Driving Licence at least category B & D;
- At least 4 years’ working experience in the same position;
- Ability to work independently, self-organized, fulfil commitments and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work extra-hours if need be and living in the neighboring working area;
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, good communication skills including written and spoken English or French
- The ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your detailed application (including application letter, CV, copies of education qualification, and 3 traceable professional referees) and an employment application form well filled in. (Available at the National Office).
NB: The applications from qualified women are strongly encouraged
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be submitted not later than 27th April 2021 at the latest by 17h00 hours Kigali time to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com
Late applications will not be accepted.
Kigali, on 16th April 2021.
Jean Bosco KWIZERA