SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES RWANDA
(Job Ref: SOS CV RWANDA …………./2021)
Position: Project Officer
Type of contract: Permanent
Working location: Kigali Location
Supervisor: Kigali Head of Location
Responsible to: Kigali Head of Location
Planned monthly gross salary:
Deadline: 14th June 2021
Context of the position:
SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda is an independent, non-governmental social development organization. The Organization supports vulnerable children and young people in four locations of Kigali, Gicumbi, Kayonza, and Nyamagabe. SOS Rwanda applies a one program approach in its education, family strengthening, that supports a holistic approach in the interest of the child. In this regard, SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda seeks to recruit a Project Officer for Project PartnerRwanda will.
The Project Officer leads the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of PartnerRwanda Project Partnership activities, in accordance with the organizational standards and project design. The project officer is also responsible for the overall project management and supporting and supervising the Industrial Coordinator and Teachers.
- Government/Civil Societies/CBOs/NGO
- Private Sector
- German Partner BIWE
- Beneficiaries, Partners, etc
- Director of Program and other Program staff
- Principal of the Technical High School
- Heads of Locations and location staff
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of PartnerRwanda project activities in close collaboration with BIWE Staff according to the objectives, actions and time frames outlined in the project document.
- Participating in the tender process i.e. design, submission, and review
- Supervise Industrial Coordinators
- Networking with other TVET-schools, companies, and Partner organization
- Create Partnership with companies in close cooperation with the industrial coordinator
- Carry outplacement of participants for internship/work placement in different companies
- Setup of Training facilities and ensure training materials are well maintained
- Organize dual training in electrical at SOS Technical High School Kigali
- Organize Short-term Training in Sales & Customer Care
- Coordination of training activities between school, participants/trainees, and companies (TOTs, short courses, etc, …)
- Build a strong network of partner organizations and institutionalization of these partnerships through Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Collaborate with the school and companies for assessment and certification issues
- Coaching and mentoring of apprentices during and after the training Support to provide entrepreneurship skills to TVET graduates and link participants to micro-finance institutions.
- Coordinate project annual planning sessions and provide timely project reports according to established project reporting timeliness and project objectives.
Technical Qualifications and personal skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Education, Social Sciences, Rural Development or related fields with at least 2 years experience in Development work in a child-centered organization, vocational training, private sector or NGOs.
- Experiences in project management, ability to negotiate, and administer contracts
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and tender process, 3 years experience as a Project Administration or related position will be an added value.
- Skills in creating partnerships with the private sector
- Skills in youth empowerment
- Good teamwork spirit and ability to positively relate with others.
- Must have well networked with Government, development partners, and like-minded organizations including Companies, TVET institutional, etc.
- Good computers skills ((MS Office, Social Media, Email)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Kinyarwanda and English. (French, but not obligatory) Good communication and negotiating skills
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your detailed application (including application letter, CV, and copies of education qualification) and an employment application form well filled in. (Available at the National Office).
NB: The applications from qualified women are strongly encouraged
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be submitted not later than 14th June 2021 at the latest by 17h00 hours Kigali time by clicking on Apply for this Job button below.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Kigali, on 31st May 2021.
Jean Bosco KWIZERA