Sanlam Assurances Générales Plc is seeking to recruit a highly-skilled, self-motivated, and experienced person to fill the position/post of Internal Auditor.
The person holding this position will be reporting to the Head of the Internal audit department. As part of the IA team, he/she will help perform the planned risk-based audits and any management consulting-related requests assigned to him.
- Participate in the preparation and execution of the annual internal audit plan.
- Independently perform audits following the internal audit plan.
- Monitor tasks progress with all team members during an audit and resolve any challenges encountered by the team.
- Prepare high-quality Internal Audit deliverables as listed in the Sanlam Group Internal Audit Methodology using the existing templates.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant fields, Master’s Degree in these fields is preferred and
- Professional Audit Certificate (ACCA/CPA/CIA/CISA) finalized or in an advanced stage of the certification process would be an added advantage
- Three years of progressively responsible full-time experience as an Auditor.
- Background in Insurance, preferably general insurance.
- Assess the company’s risks and the efficacy of its risk management efforts,
- Experience in Risk-Based Auditing.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others and establish credibility with business partners.
- Considerable knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Fluent in English both writing and speaking.
- Exceptionally strong reporting writing skills.
- Strategic thinker with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Computer skills (office application, accounting systems is a plus).
- Working knowledge in Audit software packages.
- A global mindset
- Able to work under pressure
The application should include the following:
- Motivation letter
- Updated CV, including three professional references. References should include the current direct supervisor and previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number, and email address.
- Copies of degrees or certificates
- Copy of national ID card/passport.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application file (CV and cover letter) all in one document before Tuesday, 22nd February 2022 using the "Apply for this job" button below.