TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position Title: Programme Officer - Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI)
Duty Station: Kigali with occasional travels
Start Date: Immediate
Reporting line: Director of the Center for Health and Rights
Health Development Initiative (HDI) is a non-governmental organization created in 2005. It strives to promote access to health and human rights with particular focus on sexual and reproductive health and rights, as well as inclusive development for disadvantaged communities. HDI envisions a society in which everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the highest attainable standard of health and well-being, regardless of social, cultural, economic, or any other status. Through a rights-based approach, HDI builds sustainable alliances to advocate for and support health-friendly policies and services for everyone regardless of social, cultural, or economic status. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Programme Officer - Gender Equality and Social Inclusion.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of the Center for Health and Rights and in close coordination with HDI’s team, the Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Officer will:
- Identify critical project areas for gender equality and social inclusion based interventions;
- Contribute in planning, monitoring and reporting of the project and integrate GESI in all the process;
- Identify a list of key gender/social inclusion-related indicators to be included in the HDI’s programs monitoring and evaluation plan, disaggregated data wherever possible;
- Assess and recommend the activities that can be incorporated into planning and implementation to ensure improvement of conditions of vulnerable and marginalized communities in general;
- Support in the mainstreaming of gender and social inclusion and a human rights-based approach in policies, Programme and budgeting, and develop action-plan for implementing the strategy;
- Provide necessary orientation and advise to all staff and the partners on gender and social inclusion issues and policies;
- Contribute to produce resource materials addressing the issues of gender and social inclusion;
- Facilitate policy dialogue on gender and social inclusion, sexual and gender-based violence, gender justice with relevant stakeholders;
- Provide technical assistance to each project and activity to ensure that gender and social inclusion is integrated in their planning, implementation and M&E.
- Build capacity of CSOs and partners to plan and implement programs on gender equality and social inclusion;
- Conduct desk review of existing policy documents and legal frameworks (legislations) to identify areas for improvement on gender and social inclusion issues;
- Collaborate with the M&E team to make sure that the impact measurements focus on marginalized and vulnerable groups;
- Document lessons learned and best practices and communicate with partners to contribute to national knowledge on gender and social inclusion
- Perform other works necessary for the successful implementation of gender equality and inclusion.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in gender, development studies, law, social work, or other related field,
- At least 5 years’ experience working on gender equality and social inclusion issues
- A sound understanding of gender and gender-based violence in the Rwandan context
- Experience managing community level projects, implementing activities in partnership with local authorities, and providing technical assistance to partners is preferred
- Excellent spoken and written Kinyarwanda and English is essential
- Experience working on SOGIE issues is required
Please submit a motivation letter (not more than two pages) addressed to the Executive Director, copy of your notarized degrees, comprehensive curriculum vitae with 3 names of referees by March 14th, 2022 to Health Development Initiative (HDI) by email email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for an interview.
Done at Kigali on March 5th, 2022
Dr. Aflodis Kagaba